6 Things To Do After An Accident
Car accidents happen all the time in San Antonio and throughout surrounding areas of Texas. Chances are you at least know someone who’s been in a crash. Even though accidents occur frequently, many people don’t know what to do immediately after.
At Gamez Law Firm, we believe that knowing what to do after an accident can not only keep everyone safe, but it can also help protect your chances of receiving fair compensation if you decide to file a personal injury claim. If you are ever involved in an accident, following these six steps can help.
1. Stay at the scene and make sure everyone is safe. Leaving the scene of an accident can be a crime. Stay where you are and check on others involved if you can. However, do not apologize. Apologizing can be considered admitting that you caused the accident.
2. Call for help. If someone was injured, call an ambulance. Then, call the police. Don’t leave the scene until you have spoken with the police. Ask for the name of the responding police officer and a copy of the police report if you can.
3. Gather contact information. Collect contact information as well as insurance information and license plate information from others involved in the accident. If there were witnesses to the crash, ask for their contact information as well. It can be helpful if you choose to file a claim.
4. Take pictures of the damage. Taking photos can help ensure you get fair and accurate payment from your insurance company.
5. See a doctor. Even if you feel fine, it is still a good idea to seek medical attention after an accident. Sometimes injuries take time to become apparent. Seeing a doctor now can help establish a strong history of medical records.
6. Talk to a lawyer. Having an advocate on your side from the very beginning is an important way to ensure that your rights are protected and that you have a strong chance at receiving fair compensation.
Get Started With A Free Consultation. Se Habla Español.
Whether you were injured in a car accident, a trucking accident or a motorcycle crash, we can help. At our firm, your first consultation is free. In fact, you won’t have to pay anything out of pocket unless we recover compensation for you. Call us at 210-951-2024 or contact us online today to schedule a time to speak with one of our attorneys.