gámez law fights!

Gámez Law Fights!

Gamez Law Fights billboard

What Damages Are Available Through A Personal Injury Claim?

A serious injury often leaves you facing serious hardship — and not just in the form of physical injuries. Injuries often mean medical bills and extended time off work that you might not be paid for. Fortunately, it is possible to seek compensation for both and more through a personal injury claim.

At Gamez Law Firm, we have helped many accident victims in the San Antonio area find the financial relief they need through successful personal injury claims. Before you take the first step, however, it can be helpful to understand what type of compensation may be available.

Two Types Of Damages: Economic And Noneconomic

In Texas, there are two types of damages an injury victim can seek: economic and noneconomic. While these terms are mostly for lawyers’ use, it can help to understand them before you file a claim.

Economic damages are those that can be measured relatively easily. Medical bills, for example, are easy to quantify. Noneconomic damages, on the other hand, refer to those that are less easily quantified, like pain and suffering. It is harder to determine how much your suffering is worth.

What Can I Be Compensated For?

It is possible to obtain compensation for many aspects of an accident. Which ones you are able to obtain depends on your specific situation. The following damages may be sought through a personal injury claim:

  • Past and future medical expenses
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of future earning capacity
  • Pain and suffering
  • Physical impairment
  • Mental anguish
  • Loss of consortium

In rare circumstances, it may be possible to also seek punitive damages. Punitive damages are intended to punish the negligent party for their actions.

Learn More About Damages In A Free Consultation

In your first consultation, one of our attorneys can assess your case and help you better understand which damages may be possible for you to seek. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 210-951-2024 or send us an email.